Become a part of Rotary: Anywhere, Anytime
Rotary membership provides the opportunity to:
- Become connected to your community and a global network of 1.2 million members
- Work with others in addressing community needs.
- Interact with other professionals; assist with RI’s international humanitarian service efforts.
- Establish contacts with an international network of professionals.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Involve family in promoting service efforts.
We are in the business of service and our goal is to leave the world a little better than we found it. Our goals and values are no different than those of Rotary clubs that meet on the ground. E-Club members are professional, service-minded individuals who want to stay connected, inspired and informed through Rotary. The E-Club is designed for those who for a variety of reasons simply cannot attend a physical weekly meeting. This may be due to extensive travel, an unpredictable work schedules or residing remote locations. The E-Club format allows us to keep great Rotarians involved and actively carrying out the mission of Rotary.
So…how exactly do we meet?
There are a few options. Simply put, “attending a meeting online” means exploring the content of the website for 30 minutes or more. Additional opportunities for engagement include:
- Board Conference Calls– Held every first Wednesday. Our monthly board meetings are open to all members and is our time to discuss service projects and club business.
- Webinars – Held periodically when we have a live speaker or training event. These are announced ahead of time, recorded and posted on the club website for all members.
- Socials – We hold in-person socials at least quarterly through the year throughout Southern California. They often involve impressive happy hour menus and live music. Check out our calendar to see when.
- Members Only LinkedIn and Facebook Groups – and other social media platforms for sharing ideas and fun.
Rotarians that are not Rotary E-Club of the West members can make up meetings online by engaging in content for 30+ minutes on the site.
Do E-Club members need to be tech-savvy?
Not at all! A phone and the internet connection is all you need. We’re always here to help you if you have any challenges.
Do E-Club members have to live in California?
No. We are apart of District 5320, but our members reside all over the world. The majority of our members are in the Southern California area, but that is by no means a requirement. We have had members everywhere from the US to Croatia to Afghanistan. A geographically diverse membership is something that view as an incredible asset.
If you are interested in joining, please review General E-Club FAQs and our Membership Expectations:
Engage in fellowship with other Rotarians online and in traditional Rotary Clubs
- E-Club Rotarians can meet anytime from any place with an internet connection
- Participate in Rotary social media and online discussions
- As a Rotary E-Club member you are a Rotarian that enjoys the same club visitation privileges as every other Rotarian. Take advantage of this opportunity and visit Rotary Clubs when possible!
Participate in Service Projects: Community and/or International
- Embrace the motto: Service Above Self
- As the membership of E-Club of the West grows, so will the opportunity to collaborate with other Rotarians in the Southern California area, the country, and the world.
- E-Club of the West has no boundaries and therefore has an unlimited potential to make the world a better place through innovative and inspiring service projects.
- 12 hours of service are required per quarter (48 hours annually) and a brief description submitted of what you are involved with. This is governed by the 4-Way Test (honor system), however we do ask you report what projects you have participated in and provide photos if possible to post on our website .
- $25 initiation fee upon membership acceptance
- Club Dues: $300 annually which includes RI and District dues, payable semi-annually In July and January or annually on July 1st.